When planning a destination wedding there are so many factors to consider. Choosing your location, travel, lodging, vendor teams, and more can leave you wondering where to even begin. Once your location is finalized, it’s best to begin building your vendor team.
Choosing Your Destination Wedding Photographer
One of the first team members to consider, and I’m not being biased, is your destination wedding photographer. An article by The Knot shared “You can’t recapture your wedding day photos, so invest accordingly, no matter where in the world you wed.” I know many couples choose to hire a photographer local to the destination. But, I want to share some perks of bringing your favorite photographer from home with you!
The Power of Meeting In-Person
- You’ll likely want to meet with as many of your wedding vendors as possible before the big day and if you pick a photographer at the destination, that’s essentially impossible. Get to know them in person + learn about their professionalism. Plus, you know your images will be delivered stateside.
There’s More Room For Collection Flexibility
- We understand how many variables are at play for a destination wedding day and will be more than happy to customize a collection that best fits your needs. You may even receive complimentary day after or rehearsal dinner coverage to maximize photography for your events.
Dates Are More Flexible
- Since destination wedding collections often happen during our “off-season”, we can offer rates that you can’t find any other time of year. Photographers located in destination wedding locations may already be booked, well in advance, since their peak season looks different. Their coverage may also come at a higher rate due to the fact they know they’re in a good spot for clients, literally and figuratively. In the end, you get the coverage + consistent brand of your local photographer at or close to the same cost of hiring them at home.
Variety In Your Images
- As a stateside photographer, we can easily offer you a fresh perspective on an otherwise possibly “overshot” area. We certainly will get any “must-have” shots that we need to. But, we will also be able to look at the venue with different eyes than someone shooting there everyday. You can also easily have an engagement session at home at a favorite spot to get even more variety in your images!
Bucket List Wedding For Everyone Involved
- You are making your photographer’s dream come true. Seeing this beautiful world and photographing all your love in the most unique destinations, are what my dreams are made of. I’ll work above and beyond to create the best images for your wedding gallery!
Planning your own destination wedding? I’d love to go with you! Check out destination wedding galleries linked here, here and here. If you think we’re a good fit, send me an email today and we’ll chat all about the endless possibilities!